BD Custom Manufacturing specializes in manufacturing custom extruded plastic parts for our clients in wide-ranging industries. In our over 25 years of experience, we have earned a reputation for delivering high-quality plastic extrusions to the most specific standards and delivered on schedule. Our innovative plastic extrusion fabrication processes are supported by our commitment to producing parts to the highest quality standards while providing superior customer service.
Plastic extrusion is a process through which plastic components are created by applying pressure to molten plastic to move it into a premade mold cavity. The plastic then cools and solidifies within the mold, after which it is removed. Plastic extrusion is a continuous process that enables the precise production of complex parts for a range of applications.
Custom Extruded Plastic Capabilities
Custom extruded plastic is the backbone of BD Custom Manufacturing. We work diligently with you to deliver unique plastic profiles, designs, and solutions that fit your plastic extrusion and tubing needs.
These products include custom-size tubing, LED light diffusers, conveyor covers, electrical insulator channels, shelf-talkers, and bumper strips.
Our clients turn to us for:
Profile extrusion is a highly versatile process ideal for long lengths and widths. Based on the application, profile extrusions may be hollow or solid and can be the end component or require secondary finishing to create the final product. BD Custom Manufacturing uses various engineering and commodity thermoplastics to create extruded plastic profiles customized to your print specifications.
This process involves creating a hollow profile design by pushing molten plastic polymers through a die. We offer a variety of tubing extrusion materials, including acrylic, polypropylene, nylon, polyethylene, layflat, and polycarbonate. We can fully customize the following tubing extrusion characteristics:
- Ends & fittings
- Diameter & length
Co-extrusions combine two or more thermoplastic materials to provide enhanced performance and characteristics that otherwise would not be possible with single plastic material. Co-extrusion can produce flexible or rigid parts, flexible hinges for joining rigid materials, and combine different textures.
Materials, Applications, and Industries
BD Custom Manufacturing serves the needs of various industries across the country, including construction, marine, refrigeration, lighting, recreational vehicles, power management, and upholstery and furniture.
To meet the needs of our clients and ensure they receive quality finished products, we also offer a wide variety of additional services, including:
- Hot stamping
- Design for manufacturability
We understand that using the right materials during the extrusion process is crucial to the performance of finished products. As such, BD Custom Manufacturing offers an extensive selection of materials to ensure the end product exceeds customer expectations. These materials include:
- Butyrate: This rigid plastic maintains its shape even under elevated physical force and wear.
- Low-Density Polyethylene: This is a flexible plastic suitable for thin shapes. It’s incredibly durable and resistant to acids, alcohol, and other chemicals.
- High-Density Polyethylene: High-density polyethylene is more rigid and resistant to physical damage. It is also substantially more resistant to corrosion due to exposure to alcohols, acids, and other solvents.
- Polypropylene: Polypropylene is a lightweight plastic with high resistance to chemicals and elevated temperatures.
- Vinyl: Vinyl is popular for its insulative properties and resistance to acid and corrosive chemical damage. Vinyl is often combined with a stabilizer for use in various construction products.
- Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol (PETG): Ideal for use in barriers, this is a strong, damage-resistant plastic that forms rigid and semi-rigid components.
- Polystyrene: This is a lightweight plastic that breaks down over time and is ideal for temporary containers.
Contact BD Custom Manufacturing for Custom Plastic Extrusions
BD Custom Manufacturing offers plastic fabrication services for a variety of industries ranging from transportation and medical technology to food and beverage. We pride ourselves on quick turnaround to ensure that your business gets the customized solutions it needs. Contact us today to discuss your custom plastics fabrication needs and request a free quote.