BD Custom Manufacturing offers custom plastic and PVC extrusions to support a wide range of products and designs for our customers. Our capabilities facilitate custom plastic profiles in a range of configurations, sizes, thicknesses, colors, and lengths.
PVC plays a central role in furniture manufacturing. The material’s unique properties make it ideal for producing components for custom furniture projects, such as shelving, racks, frames, undersides of seating for attaching hog rings, and other common items. PVC tubing may also be used to create the entirety of a furniture piece, such as outdoor and pool furniture.
Why Use PVC Parts in Furniture?
PVC presents numerous advantages compared to other common materials that make it a good material choice for furniture. Some of these include:
- PVC’s density, hardness, and strength all make it suitable for use in harsh conditions. Rigid PVC, in particular, has an unusually high density for a plastic, which translate into beneficial physical properties such as increased hardness and strength.
- PVC resists shock, chemicals, and corrosion, making it ideal for furniture that will be used in harsh or outdoor environments.
- Flame retardant. PVC features self-extinguishing characteristics in the event of a fire.
- Cost effectiveness. PVC offers an excellent cost-to-performance ratio, making it difficult to find another material as reliable and long-lasting as PVC for a comparable price. PVC’s excellent mechanical and physical properties position it as a budget-friendly choice for almost any furniture project.
- PVC can be created in a wide variety of colors. At BD Custom Manufacturing, we also offer specialized color-matching services to ensure PVC furniture or other components match a customer’s existing aesthetic.
Furniture-Grade PVC Options from BD Custom Manufacturing
At BD Custom Manufacturing, we can handle a broad range of PVC extrusions ranging from office partitions to wire channels and T-molding. These capabilities service a wide range of end products that integrate PVC components into their designs, such as awnings, cabana tops, and seating.
Our robust capabilities enable us to meet an expansive range of customer requests. We can manufacture flexible or rigid PVC parts in accordance with virtually any specification. Our extrusions are available in:
- Thicknesses from .015″ to 0.250″
- Lengths from 0.25″ to 360″ plus
- Colors (standard and custom)
- Configurations (standard or drawing-based)
We also offer custom die casting services for PVC extrusions. Our advanced customization capabilities ensure that we can accommodate nearly any mold or tooling design. We also offer full-service vacuum sizing services to customers working with PVC. The vacuum sizing process uses carefully calibrated vacuum pressure to create plastic parts that meet complex dimensional specifications. Our vacuum sizing capabilities produce high-quality PVC parts without imperfections or thin spots.